Wildfire Management for Supervisors
The aim of this Firebreak Services Ltd course is to develop fire management skills, including: pre-fire planning and the management of wildfire suppression operations.
The course has a significant health and safety element and assists supervisors with:
- fire plans and maps
- interpretation of fire danger rating information
- fire behaviour and suppression strategies
- resource selection and allocation
- efficient use of helicopters
- The Incident Command System (ICS).
The course is aimed at supervisors and managers who have management responsibility in land based organisations.